Throughout my time at Loughborough, I have been actively involved in celebrating Loughborough’s diversity, through being your current International D.O and sitting in the Welfare & Diversity committee as well as being a member of your Executive to being Chair of the French society.
1. Safety and well-being
- Raise awareness on mental health and sexual violence/consent and make sure that students are aware of services available to them, as well as giving them access to diverse training and workshops.
- Creation of an anonymous platform for students to be able to report these issues in collaboration with the university.
- Work with the University in order to reduce the waiting list of the Counselling service.
- Inclusive night
- Monthly Welfare & Diversity night out that does not play chart music, for example an Afrobeats night.
- Will stimulate engagement within the nightlife of LSU and opens the union to a wider audience.
- Will celebrate the diversity of all our associations. Reward our volunteers
- Volunteers are essential to the section.
- Install a system similar to the CVA and Action hours which will enhance our volunteer’s employability by recognizing and rewarding them with prizes as well as working towards getting the Employability award.
- The budget is stopping our associations to continue in their growth.
- I aim to help them becoming autonomous and allow them to operate as self-funded organizations by finding sponsorships, as well as giving them training and workshops in collaboration with the Enterprise Hub.