During my 5 years at Loughborough, Societies has truly been my “home away from home”. I’ve had the opportunity to be on Societies Exec for 3 years as General Interest Rep and Development Officer, Chair Rawkus Street Dance and be Media Rep & Secretary of Disney.
If elected to be your next Societies EO I will:
LSU is filled with diverse members. By working with Welfare and Diversity EO and the International DO I will:
- Develop further methods for equal representation and support to increase engagement opportunities for them.
- I will work closely with Culture and Faith Societies to incorporate their perspectives and ideas.
Societies can often find themselves stuck in a routine:
- I will work with the Societies Development Officer to run monthly society workshops, allowing all societies to share ideas and stretch their boundaries.
- These workshops will have a specific aim including topics such as event management, member engagement and sponsorships.
- New societies will massively benefit from this as it gives them a strong foundation and direction.
- I will run monthly sessions, incorporating them into the Societies Exec schedule.
- Members will have the opportunity to inquire and discuss difficulties whilst learning from the experience of Societies Exec members.
Fortnightly Societies Newsletters:
- By developing this, communication with members would be streamlined and focused.
- This would celebrate the varied successes of all Societies and inform members about future events being held.