I’m an MSc Information Management and Business Technology student with experience, dedication and passion to contribute to the history and culture of Loughborough University. I’ve been involved in representing students as a Sports Director during my undergraduate studies in Nigeria, and I’m currently a member of the LSU Postgraduate Committee.
As your Postgraduate Executive officer, my primary objective will be to represent the views, needs and interests of the postgraduate community to the university and beyond, and to coordinate all the postgraduate activities and affairs. Given that the role – even though its relatively new – has been effective, there is an increased need for postgraduate representation nonetheless.
I will Engage, Support and Represent the PG community by:
· Facilitating a seamless transition for new postgraduates including PG-led welcome events to help them adapt to their studies, the university and campuses.
· Expanding and creating links to bridge the disconnect between the available support services and awareness of the postgraduate students.
· Lobbying for significant events and career fairs specifically for postgraduate students by associating with different departments and career office across both campuses.
· Working alongside Clubs and Societies to further integrate postgraduate students into the Loughborough community and deliver the need for more networking and activities including sports.
· Introduce a termly Postgraduate Convention across both campuses, to raise the profile of PG and bring together our community to discuss welfare and academics, feedback on the work of and raise issues to be discussed by the PG committee.
Together, WE can!